Do you want to start a blog, make a new website, transfer your blog from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, or simply want to switch hosting companies?
If your answer is yes, then let us make it super easy for you.
Our friends over at HostGator are offering an exclusive limited-time deal for WPBeginner users.
Basically, you’ll get a 62% discount on your WordPress hosting along with a free domain name and SSL certificate.
During this limited-time offer, you’ll be able to get WordPress hosting for as low as $2.64 per month with a free domain name + free SSL certificate.
Why Choose HostGator to Make Your Website?
HostGator is one of the oldest and most well-known web hosting companies around. They offer affordable hosting plans for businesses of all sizes.
Our founder and CEO, Syed Balkhi, has been a loyal HostGator customer since 2007. In fact, it started on HostGator’s shared hosting plan.
As our site grew, we upgraded to their VPS hosting plan, then a dedicated server, and now it is hosted on HostGator’s enterprise-level custom-made infrastructure.
We can confidently say, that HostGator has been with us every step of the way throughout our WordPress journey. They have a helpful support team, rock-solid infrastructure, one-click WordPress install, and a ton of other features.
NOTE: At we believe in transparency. If you sign up with HostGator using our referral link, then we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you (in fact, you will save money and get a free domain). We would get this commission for recommending just about any WordPress hosting company, but we only recommend products that we personally use and/or believe will add value to our readers.
Who is this offer great for?
Well everyone, but in particular: those users who are thinking about starting a new blog or launching a new website.
This offer is also great for users who want to move their blogs from WordPress.com to a self-hosted WordPress.org website. For a detailed comparison of the two platforms, see our guide on.
The following are some of the advantages of moving your site from WordPress.com to WordPress.org:
- You’ll get your own free domain name. For example, wpbeginner.com or mycoolwebsite.com (* Fee domain offer is available with the HostGator deal only)
- You’ll be able to install any WordPress plugin on your website
- You can choose any theme design you want and get even more customization options
- You can create an online store, membership community, or make money online with your blog
- Most importantly, you own and control all your content and do whatever you want with your website.
Basically, you get the full freedom to make any kind of website you want and bring your ideas to life.
For detailed instructions, see our guide on how to properly move from WordPress.com to WordPress.org.
Still Not Sure How to Proceed? Let Us Help You with That
Many beginners feel a bit reluctant to move their blog or start a new one. This is understandable, especially if you are just starting out with little to no technical knowledge at all.
For those users, we have a special bonus offer:
Our expert team can help you get started. HostGator promised us that if you signup using our referral link, then they will compensate us to do the blog setup for you.
We will even migrate your WordPress.com blog over to self-hosted WordPress. Here’s how to claim this offer:
Step 1: Sign up using our referral link.
Step 2 Fill out the form on this page to get in touch with our experts.
Our team will set up your WordPress blog for you, and you’ll be able to just log in to WordPress and start working on growing your business.
Who Shouldn’t Use this Offer?
At, our goal is to help users make the best decisions for their business regardless of whether we get paid or not.
This HostGator offer is great for a lot of use cases, but it does have some catches.
Shared hosting companies are able to offer low-cost hosting plans because they allow several websites to share the same server resources.
Basically, a shared hosting plan is like riding a bus vs driving your own car.
While advertising these plans, each company claims to offer unlimited everything. However, there is no such thing as unlimited, and there are restrictions on your shared hosting plan.
As your website grows, and you start getting more visitors, then you’ll start hitting those limits.
In simpler terms, if your blog is getting millions of pageviews each month or even 100,000 visitors per month, then this $2.64 is not enough to handle that kind of traffic.
In that case, you’ll need to upgrade your hosting plan to VPS hosting or even managed WordPress hosting.
On the other hand, if you are just starting a new blog or launching a small business website, then you’ll save hundreds of dollars each month by taking advantage of this exclusive offer.
How do you get a discount on HostGator?
Hostgator Coupons – Web Hosting
Save big at HostGator with these exclusive “HostGator India Coupons”. Use the below-given coupon code during checkout and get a massive discount on your first purchase. Grab it today! Get a FREE Google Workspace account on your hosting purchase!
Is HostGator WordPress hosting worth it?
Which is better HostGator or Bluehost?
Does HostGator charge monthly or all at once?
How do I get my money back from HostGator?
- Login to your Customer Control Panel.
- In the Menu, point to My Billing and click Withdraw Funds.
- Here you will be displayed Your Current Balance. …
- In the Refund Description field, mention how you want to receive your refund amount. …
- Click the Confirm button to send a Refund Request to our Billing Team.
How do I delete my HostGator domain?
- Log in to your control panel.
- Search for the domain name that you wish to delete.
- Proceed to the Order Details view.
- Click the Delete Order link.
- On the next page, confirm the deletion by clicking the Delete Order button. The domain name would be immediately deleted.
How do I delete the HostGator website?
Which is better GoDaddy or HostGator?
Features, Performance, & Ease of Use.
Is WordPress free with HostGator?
WordPress is Free and Open Source
This can help to keep costs low as you’re building your first website. The only thing that you need to pay for is a domain name and hosting.
Is HostGator cloud fast?
Over the past six months, HostGator Cloud had a 99.995% average uptime rate. That’s about as exceptional as it gets. As you can see from the table above, the page loading speed fluctuates quite a bit so far this year.
Does HostGator offer to staging ?
Is HostGator reliable?
Why is HostGator the best?
How much is HostGator a month?
Get Your Refund (If Applicable)
HostGator has a 45-day money-back guarantee for all its new customers. If you’re a first-time customer and you cancel within this window, you can get a refund by requesting for it. Reply to the confirmation email with your request, and then wait for another email.
Can I change my domain name HostGator?
Can you cancel HostGator?
How much does it cost to renew a domain name?
How do I manage my domain on HostGator?
- Update your WHOIS information.
- Update your name servers (sometimes called nameservers or name-servers)
- Register private name servers (sometimes called private nameservers or name-servers)
- Add domain privacy.
- Renew your domain or manage your auto-renew settings.
- Lock or unlock your domain.
- Get your EPP authorization code.
How do I add hosting to my HostGator domain?
- Log into your hosting cPanel.
- Click on Addon Domains, located under the Domains section.
- Enter in the domain in the New Domain Name section.
- Once the domain is entered, click The Subdomain field and the Document Root (usually public_html/domain.com) will automatically fill in. …
- Click Add Domain.
What happens if I delete Public_html?
How do I block a website on Hostgator?
How do I completely remove a website from cPanel?
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the FILES section of the cPanel home screen, click File Manager:
- In the File Manager Directory Selection dialog box, select Web Root, and then click Go.
- Click Select All, and then click Delete.
- In the Delete dialog box, click Delete File(s).